QUEENSLAND SWIMMING POOL COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATE
As of 30 November 2015, all properties in Queensland with a swimming pool or spa pool must have compliant pool barriers and a valid Pool Safety Certificate.
A property seller with a swimming pool must either:
QBM is a leading provider of Swimming Pool Safety Certificates in Queensland.
Our Pool Safety Inspectors are fully trained, qualified and licensed with vast experience to assist you in for you to become compliant with the Queensland Swimming Pools Regulations and MP3.4.
WHAT IS A SWIMMING POOL?
- Means an excavation or structure:
- capable of being filled with water to a depth of 300 millimetres or more;
- capable of being used for swimming, bathing, wading, paddling or some other human aquatic activity;
- solely or principally used, or designed, manufactured or adapted to be solely or principally used, for the purposes mentioned in paragraph (b) despite its current use; and includes a spa pool, spa tub or similar thing (whether portable or fixed) and a wading pool (other than a portable wading pool), but does not include:
- a fish pond or pool solely or principally used, or designed, manufactured or adapted to be solely or principally used, for ornamental purposes or
- a dam or tank solely or principally used, or designed, manufactured or adapted to be solely or principally used, for aquaculture, marine research or storage of water or
- a watercourse or
- a portable wading pool or
- a spa bath situated in a bathroom, other than a spa bath continually filled with water to a depth of more than 300 millimetres or
- a birthing pool used solely for water births.